Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I (used to) Hate Carrots

**UPDATE** I've moved to ladybugsandlattes.com
You can find this post and more here

After an unfortunate incident as a child involving me, carrots, and a late night upset stomach, I tend to steer clear of carrots. Especially raw carrots. Yuck.

However, I promised my waist line that I'd start cooking more from scratch and serving more nutritious meals for my family. Oh carrots, why do you have to be so healthy?

Amidst my research for a tolerable way to cook these orange nuggets, I found a recipe for baking sweet potato fries and I altered it for carrots. My recipe is quick (because I hated that I had to eat them, let alone focus any of my time on them) and actually.....they were delicious!!

* Wash and peel some carrots (I used 8 to feed my family of 3).
* Then chop them up into small pieces...which I haven't done by hand since I've owned a Chopper.
* Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place the carrots on it.
* Drizzle some olive oil over the carrots, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix it all around with your hand to make sure the carrots are coated evenly.
* Bake at 400* for about 25 minutes.


Enjoy, because these little orange beauties tasted magnificent. Bonus: they're small and soft and perfect for babies learning to self-feed.

Looks like we'll be eating more carrots around here...and hopefully my fear of late night orange-splattered furniture will lessen. Too much? Yeah, it was...sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment