Monday, December 17, 2012

3 Ingredient Apple Crumb Dessert

**UPDATE**
I've moved to ladybugsandlattes.com
You can find this post and more here

Looking for some inspiration, I was on Pinterest to find dinner ideas. Instead, that led to about an hour of searching through all of the great "pins" in my Following feed, and I happened to find this recipe for fresh apple cake. Only 3 ingredients? I was sold.


5 Apples (we used 2 red and 3 green), cored and sliced
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted


Place sliced apples in a greased baking dish.
Shake the boxed cake mix on top of the apples.
Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix.


Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes, checking about half way through. If the cake mix looks powdery after cooking for a while, drizzle a little bit of water to help those spots cook.

Serve warm and with vanilla ice cream. It is absolutely delicious! I didn't even have a chance to take a picture of it with the ice cream on top - it was gone that fast!

This recipe makes about 10 servings and is very affordable. It cost me $4.21 (using store brand butter and getting the cake mix and apples on sale), which is only $.42 per serving!

Now...what to make for dinner? Back to my Pinterest page...

No comments:

Post a Comment