Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ribbon Dancer


**UPDATE**
I've moved to ladybugsandlattes.com
You can find this post and more here
***

You may have seen my post about purse organization with shower curtain rings. I have a lot of purses, but I still had leftover rings.

I had two choices: buy more purses (but my bank account says, "nooooooo") or find another use for the leftover rings.

I took one look at my pretty little girl while she was dancing along with Ellen Degeneres, and knew that it was time for a music day/dance party in our living room.

A few years ago, I made a ribbon dancer in an early childhood class, but the ribbons on it are thin and have seen better days, so it was time to make a new one.

It takes 5 minutes and all you need is:
1 shower curtain ring
a few pieces of ribbon, cut approximately 20 inches


Tie a piece of ribbon onto the shower curtain ring with a double knot.


Repeat with the rest of the ribbon.


Turn up the music.
Since this only takes about 5 minutes, you have plenty of time left to play! The ring is easy to grip for little hands and kids love to watch the ribbons wave in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment