Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Costume

 **UPDATE**
I've moved to ladybugsandlattes.com
You can find this post and more here
***

About a month ago, I searched Pinterest for Halloween costume ideas for little Cadybug. I decided to be crafty and try to make it myself. The hubby was not as excited as I was - probably because when I try to make things I find on Pinterest, he's usually the one that has to fix my projects. I tend to have an enthusiasm for crafting that does not parallel with my ability to create crafts.

But I made this one all by myself: a chocolate chip cookie costume, and I only burned myself with hot glue 3 times.


Here's how you can do it, too.

What You Will Need:
Styrofoam Circle (I used one that's 15/16 in x 7 7/8 in)
2 pieces of light brown felt
1 piece of dark brown felt, cut into chocolate chip-like pieces
dark brown ribbon
scissors
hot glue gun and hot glue

1. Hot glue one piece of light brown felt to wrap around the foam circle on one side.
2. Hot glue the second piece of light brown felt to the other side of the circle to wrap around it. Leave some felt unglued at the top to allow for the ribbon to be attached.

3. Cut slits in the top of the felt and run ribbon through it, long enough to loop over your child's head. Don't glue down the ribbon. It will be easier to loosen and tighten as needed. Glue down the little bit of extra felt at the top, leaving the ribbon loose enough to slide back and forth.
4. Cut two pieces of ribbon. They will be the ties for around the waist so make sure you measure them long enough to tie behind your child's back.
5. Hot glue the ribbons onto the back, in the middle of the cookie.



Glue the chocolate chip pieces on the front and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment